woensdag 12 april 2017

Japan 2017 day 3: Harajuku, Kawaii Monster Cafe, Shinjuku & Genki Sushi

Ohajou-gozaimaaasu!
After the long long first day (or two days), we woke up in our nice hotel on a sunny day and had the awesome breakfast for the first time this vacation. I was too shy to take a picture of the buffet again, but it was as luxurious as the last time with choice between Western egg, meat or spaghetti (!), Japanese fresh fish and rice + toppings, different kinds of salads and just a little bit of bread (okay, for western standards the bread was actually kind of disappointing ..but then again we're not in France..).

Wearing my own Lucky Star
Dreamland JSK!
This second morning, while still being a bit exhausted, I really wanted to go to Harajuku, so it took some time to prepare myself (while Nick could rest a bit longer) and then off we went.
It was not too crowded yet when we arrived, but certainly around 12 o clock or so, it got more busy.
For this second time being in Japan, I was making sure to take my time, but it's honestly still a bit hard when your partner is just waiting outside and you can't really share your enthusiasm on the same level. Now I get why people go shopping with fellow J-fashion lovers, I wish I could take my friends here, it would be so much fun!


Okay, so for Takeshita street, I did go to:
-  Wego...still as loud as the last time, they have some interesting stuff but I didn't buy anything
- Paris Kids, where I bought some accessories, but more about that later
- a shoe-store called Cs T&P,  where I found amazing light-yellow platform shoes! Yesss!
- Bodyline, bought a short brown jacket and some wristcuffs there.
- Swimmer (in the ALTA building), they have soooo many cute things it was sooo hard to choose! But I bought some hair-clips, rings and buttons
- Disney Jewelry store, where I bought a Rapunzel scrunchie and a cute Easter button.
- Closet Child: Very tempted to buy a yellow cardigan, but I'm just really more after a bolero. I did buy navy otk's from AP though!
- Etude House (make up), but it was waaaay to crowded so I wasn't feeling like browsing
- Listen Flavor, where the shop girl was really cute and trying to sell to me. I am one of those persons who doesn't like that too much :P rather just browse without being disturbed..but I did buy a sweater and some hair-clips in the end. To be honest I've been watching Listen Flavor clothing for a while now but still think it was expensive, but in Japan I was more in the mood of ' enjoying life while you can'  (aka: just spend money on what makes you happy). And yes, actually was really happy with it!

And then obviously Nick and I were both very tired and hungry so I had planned to go to the Kawaii Monster Cafe...when we got to the escalators it was super-crowded... I sighed and gave up on the idea, thinking that it was fully booked. But somehow all the people were going somewhere else and we were the only ones at the entry of the Kawaii Monster Cafe. It was still a bit confusing getting a table though.
Apparently, when you don't reserve you can only get a small simple behind the Milk Stand and the Mushroom Disco (or maybe that were the only places still left for non-reserved seats?). I'm saying 'behind' because it really is not in the middle of the area's you see in the pictures. I wonder why they do this, because there was plenty space left elsewhere as far as I could see and maybe if they just asked an extra fee or so then people could choose for it, but alas. Anyway, I was still happy to be able to get inside and see the amazing restaurant.

My food: rainbow spaghetti + sauce!
I also had a fancy drink!

It's really quite big with all the different areas. The choice of food was limited, you can only choose for a whole 3-course of appetizer, main and dessert :/ . The service also wasn't great, we had to wait quite a lot. You know, I don't like complaining, I just want to give a realistic review, and you can conclude that the restaurant is mainly there for the look and show, though our bellies were filled in the end.
There was even a short show at the merry-go-round by some of the monster-girls. It was kinda funky, just as the restaurant is, but really adds up to the experience, it was fun..I made a video and hope to show it whenever I have the time again.
Here are some pictures for an impression:



 After finishing up, we walked to Laforet and had some 'fun' getting used to Japanese elevators. I took a look at all the lolita-ish stores in the basement and bought very glittery otk's at the Alice & The Pirates store (though they are actually BtSSB socks). The shop people were very kind and took the time to fill in stuff for me to buy tax-free, yay! Angelic Pretty was a bit 'meh'  though. I had a good look at all their socks as well, but none of it was fitting for the coords I had in my mind.

There was a Pokemon (Go) area??
Then we decided to take the metro to Higashi-Shinjuku to visit the Square Enix store for Nick. It's still a nice area and didn't feel like the busy city at all over there. After that we just walked through Shinjuku a bit, went to a Sanrio store where I bought a supercute Pompompurin shirt. For a while we didn't know what to do, then we remembered that we wanted to Visit Yodabashi Camera because they had lots of nice items and gachapons at their toy-section in Shinjuku. However, the store was a bit re-organized so it took a while to find it again.

Dinner Time! Really felt like going for sushi and couldn't actually wait to visit this Genki Sushi place in Shibuya where you order with a tablet in front of you and the sushi is delivered on a monorail-belt, also in front of you. Yes, it is as awesome as it sounds, you click on what you want to order and it gets there in about 5 minutes or so. The line to get into the restaurant might seem a bit long, but they write your name down so you can be sure you get a place and we only waited 20 min. max or so. You also only have a short time to eat, since it is so busy, but nonetheless it is a supercool place and I really recommend it...if only they had this in our country!

By the way, I made a video of everything that my husband and I bought during this whole trip,
you can see it here. Hope you like it!


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie plaatsen